Celery - health benefits :
1. Preserve brain health: Celery contains a compound called L-3-N-Butylphthalide. A recent study showed that this compound may prevent the accumulation of the brain plaques and tangles that cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Prevent urinary tract infections: Because of its diuretic properties — also thanks to the L-3-N-Butylphthalide compound — celery has long been used as a traditional medicine in places like Trinidad and Tobago to treat UTIs. Celery helps you expel water from your body without also losing a lot of potassium. Due to this diuretic effect, watch your consumption of celery if you are currently on blood-pressure medication.
3. Repel mosquitoes naturally: This traditional remedy has gone through extensive testing, both in the laboratory setting and in the field, and the results remained consistent. The oil extracted from celery repels all species of mosquitoes tested when used topically on the skin, with no negative side effects.
4. Keep your blood pressure down: Celery contains compounds called phthalides, which have a two-fold effect on lowering blood pressure. These phthalides relax the smooth muscle surrounding the arterial walls, cutting the work your heart does to pump blood throughout your body. Phthalides also decrease the production of stress hormones, reducing symptoms of hypertension.
5. Boost your man’s fertility: Celery oil has been shown, in combination with vitamin E, to boost sperm count and motility. Celery contains aldosterone, a metabolic product of testosterone, and vitamin E reduces oxidization, creating the best possible environment for the sperm to mature.